Revised: January 27, 2022
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect various types of information about you when you connect with us, the Site, and the Services. Specifically, we collect the following “Personal Information”:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address and email address;
- Other identifying information: IP address and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Site and Services and which elements of our Site and Services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our Site or through the Services; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
2. How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons, such as to process your orders, send you information you may be interested in, provide you with customer service and customer support, and protect ShareGallery from fraud. Specifically, we use your Personal Information as follows:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order and to confirm your registration; and
- Communicate with you about your order or account.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information geolocation data, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers, including showing you pieces of art or other things of value that may be of interest to you;
- Provide you with targeted advertising; and
- Provide you with other information from and about ShareGallery, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We use your contact information, financial information, commercial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to:
- Provide you with the Site and Services, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Respond to your customer service requests and provide technical support; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site and App.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect the Site and Services, ShareGallery, our partners, and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
3. Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect contact information, other identifying information, geolocation data, commercial information, and demographic information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you, typically through our payment processor. We collect geolocation information through the Tag and the App.
- We collect information from third parties. We collect contact information from our partner galleries, dealers, sellers, and others who have Tags with their products.
4. Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses whom we believe trustworthy and who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with ShareGallery.
If you opt in to receive communications from any partner galleries, dealers, sellers, and others who place Tags with their products, we will share your contact information with those third parties. We may also share anonymized and aggregated data about our customers who purchase products with Tags to prospective customers considering purchasing products with Tags, so that we can share general information about each Tag’s traffic and how it is being used.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of ShareGallery or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
6. Advertising and Online Tracking
7. Managing Your Information Preferences
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk.
10. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are intended for users who are 18 years old or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
11. Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
13. Contact Us